Maintenance and Upgrade contract (M&U)
We are continuously improving and adding new features to the Huygens-Software. Feedback of our customers remains crucial for developing the most advanced and reliable software tools, and offering high quality support. We very much value the long-term collaborations that we have with all our customers and users!
Having Maintenance & Upgrades for (computer)node-locked and licensed Huygens Everywhere includes:
- 24/7 Support. Our service is aimed at helping you with your questions, making Huygens more user-friendly, adding new features to Huygens, and developing new solutions for new microscopy imaging techniques.
- Two major upgrades per year and approximately twenty intermittent updates/patches for up-to-date licenses. See also WhatsNew.
- Customers who need Huygens Software patches urgently before an official version is released, can receive a special downloadable version.
- Support via email, telephone, and desktop-sharing, for problems users may encounter with installation, image acquistion pittfals, use of Huygens, and licensing.
- Specific remote lectures and training by SVI staff for you and your colleagues.
- Course and Workshop Support: materials and temporary licenses can be provided in case you're organizing a course in your facility or institute. May also include specific remote lectures.
- Invitations for Huygens Webinars on specific imaging topics and/or latest Huygens developments.
- Access to Huygens Imaging Academy, written tutorials, recorded Webinars, up-to-date Manuals, and White Papers.
- Every year right to swap or migrate basics or options by paying the difference (if any) between original purchase and current list-price. <i>Note that options in Huygens Localizer cannot be transferred to other Huygens applications.</i>
- Right to migrate Huygens license(s) to another Department or University if the license owner moves there. Valid maintenance contract required. The former license(s) must be completely deleted and the former Department/University must deliver a written statement of approval.
- In case of node-locked licenses: Default every year free migration of your license to new hardware (same or different OS).
- In case of Huygens Everywhere/Floating licenses: it is mandatory to have an active M&U agreement to keep using Huygens as Everywhere/Floating. Before the end-of-maintenance (EOM) of your Floating/Everywhere is reached, we'll send you an offer to renew the M&U contract for one or multiple years. If you choose not to renew your Everywhere/Floating M&U agreement, your Everywhere/Floating license will be converted into a (computer)node-locked license for the then current version, and based on the SystemID of the hardware of choice. You will receive one Node-Locked license per 5 concurrent Everywhere/Floating users at the time the EOM expires. This Node-Locked license of the then current Huygens version and systemID will continue to work for the hardware and OS it has then been issued for.
See also our Standard Terms and Conditions and contact us whenever something is yet unclear.