Maintenance and Upgrade contract (M&U)
We are continuously improving and adding new features to the Huygens software. Feedback of our customers has been, and remains, essential for offering the most advanced and reliable software tools. Since we highly value long-term collaborations with our customers, we offer an extensive maintenance and upgrade package for approximately 9% of the current total list price of the license.
This package includes:
- Two major upgrades per year to latest version, and about twenty updates intermittent. See also WhatsNew.
- Bug fixes (correction of code or algorithm aspects of the SW) officiated via the updates.
- Up-to-date compatibility of your LASX-Huygens exchange option with the latest Leica LASX software version.
- Support via email, telephone, and desktop-sharing, for problems users may encounter with installation, data acquisition & imaging.
- Specific remote lectures and training by SVI staff for you and your colleagues.
- Course and Workshop Support: materials and temporary licenses when you organize a course in your facility or institute. Can also include specific remote lectures.
- Participation in Huygens User Group Meetings, during which latest developments will be presented (and customer feedback is evaluated) and you can discuss your data with our experts.
- Access to the extensive customer-only SVI Wiki, with FAQ, up-to-date manuals, and articles on for example deconvolution, imaging pitfalls, and visualization and analysis
- Default every year free migration of your license to new hardware (same or different OS)
- Default every year right to swap or migrate basics or options by paying the delta (if any) between original purchase and current list-price.
License Migrations and Incidental Upgrades.Your needs in deconvolution may change. Our product-range is broadened continuously.
- If you want to migrate from one to another (new) Basic or Option you can do so by paying the price difference (if any) between the two.
- Moving your license to a different Operations Systems (Windows, Mac or Linux) is seen as a new Huygens SysID and included in your valid maintenance contract.
- When out of maintenance, we offer an upgrade alone for 7% per year out of maintenance (of current total list price). If you decide to combine M&U for one or more years with an upgrade of your license, you need to pay an upgrade for 5% per year out of maintenance and the M&U fee from the month the new license is issued.
- When you need to move your Huygens license with an older version number to another computer (same OS) while your maintenance has expired you may do so for an administrative fee.
- The annual M&U fee for a Huygens Floating License for one concurrent user is 14% (base fee + 5%) of the then current license list-price, for two concurrent users 14 + 5 = 19% etc. If the M&U contract is not extended, the floating license will be converted to a node-locked license.