Maintenance and Upgrade contract (M&U)
We are continuously improving and adding new features to the Huygens software. Feedback of our customers has been, and remains, essential for offering the most advanced and reliable software tools. We highly value long-term collaborations with our customers.
We offer an extensive maintenance and upgrade package for max 10% per year of the current list price for the nodelocked license lowered to 8.5% and 7.5% for more years (base fee).
For a licensed Huygens Everywhere: Per concurrent user max 3% added above the base fee. If the M&U contract is not extended, your floating license will be converted to node-locked. The count of node-locked instances will be two less than the number of concurrent users with a minimum of one.
For Huygens Everywhere via subscription you have full website support and usage to the latest Huygens versions everywhere by logging in via your personal account.
M&U for the Nodelocked and Licensed Huygens Everywhere includes:
- Two major upgrades per year to latest version, and about twenty updates intermittent. See also WhatsNew.
- Bug fixes (correction of code or algorithm aspects of the SW) officiated via the updates.
- Up-to-date compatibility of your File formats.
- Support via email, telephone, and desktop-sharing, for problems users may encounter with installation, data acquisition & imaging.
- Free migration of your license to new hardware within each year for Nodelocked (same or different OS).
- Possibility to add new options to the license.
- Customized remote lectures and training by SVI staff for you and your colleagues.
- Course and Workshop Support: materials and temporary licenses when you organize a course in your facility or institute. Can also include specific remote lectures.
- Direct email and phone contact with your personal imaging specialist at SVI.
- Access to the extensive customer-only Huygens Imaging Academy, with FAQ, up-to-date manuals, and articles on topics like deconvolution,optimal imaging, and visualization and analysis
- Default every year right to swap or migrate basics or options by paying the delta (if any) between original purchase and current list-price.
License Migrations and Incidental Upgrades.Your needs in deconvolution may change. Our product-range is broadened continuously.
- If you want to migrate from one to another (new) Basic or Option you can do so by paying the price difference (if any) between the two.
- Moving your nodelocked license to a different Operations Systems (Windows, Mac or Linux) is seen as a new Huygens SysID and free van charge if you have valid maintenance (EoM in the future).
- When out of maintenance, we offer an upgrade alone for 7% per year out of maintenance (of current total list price). If you decide to combine M&U for one or more years with an upgrade of your license, you pay an upgrade of 6% per year out of maintenance and the M&U fee forthe coming year for the new license.
- When you need to move your Huygens license with an older version number to another computer (same OS) while your maintenance has expired you may do so for an administrative fee. The backwards compatibility goes back four major releases into the past.
See also our Standard Terms and Conditions and contact us whenever something is yet unclear.