Huygens Imaging Academy
Reveal the truth within your microscopy image
Huygens Imaging Academy is a public knowledge resource on 3D microscopy, image restoration (Deconvolution), Visualization and Analysis. In addition, it serves as a guide to help you with obtaining the best possible and most reliable information of your imaged object.
About Interactive AnalysisHuygens contains multiple tools for interactive 2D-5D image analysis:
- Colocalization Analyzer: compute coefficients; 3D render and analyze iso-colocalization objects Learn more:
- Object Analyzer: compute statistics of 3D objects inside your image. Learn more:
- Object Tracker: wizard-based module for optimized object detection, fast track filtering and analysis.
About Imaging and Microscopy
- How to acquire images optimally and how to correct imaging problems properly:
- Optical concepts:
- Other concepts
- Microscopical image processing
About Volume VisualizationVolume visualization is the process of converting a 3D image into a 2D projection. Our algorithms are optimized for multi-threaded CPUs and starting from version 19.04 also support GPU acceleration for even faster rendering. In the Huygens Software, the following interactive tools are available:
- Fast Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) rendering and animations: The MIP renderer
- Detailed, physically realistic volume rendering with the Simulated Fluorescence Process (SFP) algorithm: SFP Renderer
- Based on unique and fast Ray Tracing technology, the Surface Renderer combines iso-data continuous surface rendering and MIP rendering.
- The Huygens Moviemaker allows you to easily create sophisticated animations of your multi-channel 3D images using these powerful 3D renderers.
- Twin Slicer to navigate and compare XY, XZ, YZ slices of 4D images.
- Deconvolution Factors
- Non Optical Images
- Colocalization improvement: Colocalization Theory
About the Huygens Software
- What is the Huygens Software
- References to Huygens Software
- What's new in the current versions
- Test The Software, License String
- Download the Huygens software
Tutorials and Manuals
- SVI Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Send Images to SVI if you have any problem with them
- Check the definitions page to get familiar with microscopic and Huygens terminology.