Jobs & Internships
Scientific Volume Imaging is a world leader in microscopy image processing software for more than 25 years. Because of a growing market for our Huygens software, we are looking for new enthusiastic colleagues. Being active in a demanding market requires close contacts with forerunners in the field and due to our expertise we have active collaborations with academic institutes worldwide.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies for these ads is not appreciated.
Exciting position for a 'Scientific Image Processing - Software Developer''
We are looking for a (junior) "Scientific Image Processing - Software Developer" for our headquarters in Hilversum. As a scientific developer you will be involved in the complete life cycle of the Huygens software: from developing new image processing algorithms for microscopy to the integration of those algorithms in our software suite. In the last few years such algorithms included the development of methods for the restoration of STED microscopy images, light-sheet image restoration, registration, stitching, stabilization, correction of image distortions, analysis, etc. The ideal candidate has experience in image processing (in any programming language, e.g. C or Matlab), has a strong mathematical background and is able to turn new image processing algorithms into production code.
- Education: University
- Experience in image processing and scientific software.
- Interest in microscopy and optics.
- Programming experience in C. Knowledge of OpenMP, CUDA and Tcl/Tk is a plus.
- Development experience in Linux.
- Fluent English and Dutch is a must.
- A challenging job in software development and science
- Excellent pay and pleasant working environment
- Training on the job by our scientific software developers and imaging specialists
- Fantastic worldwide academic network of high-end microscopy labs and programmers.
Exciting position for a Scientific Account Manager (Image processing Software)
If you have experience in image processing and/or microscopy, are interested in a commercial position, and if you like to work for customers that work in the top life science institutes worldwide, you might be the person we're looking for. You are a team-player and will become an internationally recognized imaging specialist who will also be responsible for direct sales and support of the Huygens software.
The job is office-based (Hilversum, The Netherlands) and includes occasional traveling to conferences and meetings. You'll get the opportunity to work in an environment with highly motivated, competent and experienced colleagues, and make a real difference for our customers. You'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and facing the exclusive challenge of making it accessible to a wide audience.
- An exciting sales & support position in the field of microscopy, become an internationally recognized imaging specialist and deepen you scientific background
- Full time position with partially a competitive commission-based salary
- Training on the job by our imaging specialists and sales & support team in a pleasant working environment
- Occasional international traveling to conferences & meetings
- Gain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Huygens Software
- Provide technical training and support to prospects and customers via phone, email and web conferencing
- Develop new business, quote and drive leads to close sales using consultative selling
- Follow up on inbound leads from multiple channels: email, telephone, website, online articles, events and social media
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to increase revenue and sales opportunities through up- and cross-selling activity
- Education HBO/University/PhD
- Interest in technical sales / support
- Affinity with microscopy, life sciences and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, Dutch is a bonus
- Living in the Netherlands
if you're interested in image processing it might be good to know that SVI is world leader in microscopy deconvolution and analysis. You can join us for a Development or Support&Training internship ranging from 3 months to a year.
Located at 5 minutes walking distance from an intercity station in teh greater Amsterdam area you will find an internationally oriented scientific company with lots of challenging projects for you.
Our current Development assignments are intended for Master students (e.g. Scientific Programming with Mathematical or Physics background) and for Bachelor students with a Minor in computational sciences.
The list below can be extended so if you have a related topic not specifically mentioned, just send us an email with a short description to see whether it fits in. Traineeships related to the topics mentioned below can start immediately.
1. Mathematical morphology: convex hull
2. Modeling of shading patterns in SPIM microscopy
3. 'Casual' web-based colocalization analysis
level: Informatics, Bachelors
4. AI, Deep learning Object Tracking and Object Analysis
5. SFP volume rendering on GPUs
6. Semi-interactive, web-based PSF distiller
7. CUDA implementation of image processing operations
language: C, CUDA
Our current Support internships are intended for Life Sciences Master and Bachelor students with a focus on Microscopy Techniques and/or Science and Business Management.
1. Development of training content for web-based Huygens installation
basic development skills needed, people minded, good analytical skills.
2. Development of training via social media for novel Huygens customers
preferably some web-design experience, people minded.
For all internships contact us at +31 35 642 16 26
Inside Sales Representative:
Do you want to develop your innate sales skills and are you looking for a new challenge? Then working at Scientific Volume Imaging (SVI) could be the right job for you! SVI is a renowned company in the scientific field of with a global customer base.
We are currently looking for commercial talents to contact prospects in the West Coast of the United States. We are therefore looking for enthusiastic students with commercial awareness who are looking for a side job during the evening hours, which will be an excellent addition to your resume.
Who are we?:
SVI is a Dutch software company which is known for its Huygens software. The Huygens software offers reliable, fast, user-friendly, high-quality restoration, visualization and analysis tools for all light-microscopes. Our customer-oriented, commercial drive has made our company very successful for more than 25 years. Namely, 99 out of the top 100 universities are using Huygens for their research and publications!
By joining our sales team you will get a unique chance to improve your sales skills at a high-tech life-sciences company and to get contact with scientists all over the world. At SVI we cherish a hands-on mentality with a strong focus on building long-term customer relationships together with high quality service.
Who are our customers?:
Our customers are scientists who work with light-microscopes at labs and facilities from research universities that conduct research into viruses, all kinds of cancer, Alzheimer and Parkinson etc, all to make the world a better place. The vaccines developed during this pandemic where for instance developed by our customers.
What are we offering? :
- An inspiring international working environment.
- A safe working environment in which the Covid measures are strictly taken into account.
- Good base salary with an interesting bonus structure.
- Opportunities to grow internally.
- Easy accessible location near to the train station of Hilversum Sportpark.
- An excellent addition to your CV.
- Part-time job on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 18.00-22.00
What are you? :
- Commercially oriented with hands-on mentality.
- Excellent English professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Eager to learn.
- Representative and customer oriented.
- Available for 12 hours per week.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating on the subject which position you are applying for and we'll be glad to tell you more.