Webinar ScheduleWith these webinars, we like to inform you about the latest Huygens products, and share with you information about how to optimally acquire images, how to recognize artifacts in images, and how to correct for these with Huygens so that the data is more reliable and ready for further quantitative Object and Colocalization analysis.
If you like to be updated about future webinars? Fill out this form, or send an email to your account manager or sales at svi.nl.
A selection of recordings of previous webinars can be viewed here.
- Huygens for everyone, everywhere, at any time. Tailored Huygens solutions featuring Huygens Everywhere and the new SVI User Portal (December 1st, 2020). Many researchers already experience every day the flexible use of Huygens via Remotedisplay and the web-based Huygens remote Manager. The new Huygens Everywhere login functionality now makes Essential, Professional and Localizer available on your computer at any time and place. Whether you are at home or in the office, Huygens Everywhere can simply be started with a login as it basically acts like a 'floating license'. Huygens Everywhere is perfectly suited for single users, groups of users, and complete institutes because login credentials and concurrency use can be configured via the new SVI User Portal. Huygens Everywhere is available as a subscription model via our Webshop, and customers with an existing Huygens license can upgrade their license to Huygens Everywhere login use. For customized licenses, please contact sales at svi.nl. In this webinar, we'll show what Huygens configuration could be best for you situation, with a focus on Huygens Everywhere, Remote Display, HRM/Huygens Remote Manager and Core, license configurations for single and multiple users, and the use of the new SVI User Portal. Register here!
- WhatsNew in Huygens 20.10 (November 12th, 2020). With the new Workflow Processor in Essential, Professional and Localizer, you can create optimal image processing pipelines easily. Simply drag and drop processing steps into a visual workflow and process many images for batch processing. For example, convert File formats, crop dimensions, and deconvolve and correct drift and chromatic aberration thousands of images at one go. Like Batch Express, the Batch Processor now also includes previews. Accessibiliy of Essential, Professional and Localizer is guaranteed with Huygens Everywhere via a simpel login option. Now, you can configure the use of Huygens Everywhere by multiple users with the new online Huygens Everywhere Portal. The third main feature of the WhatsNew listwhich has been added to Huygens is Python compatibility. All Huygens routines are now accessible via a Python shell and the option to source Python scripts. Watch recording here.
- STEDYCON & HUYGENS: super-resolution scaled up - featuring Huygens Stitcher (June 4, 2020). Do you also struggle with processing tile scan image series, and obtaining large field-of-views at high resolution and free of vignetting issues?.....We can help!.....Sign up now for this webinar in collaboration with Abberior Instruments: STEDYCON & HUYGENS: super-resolution scaled up - featuring Huygens Stitcher. In this webinar, our colleagues at Abberior Instruments briefly introduce the STED technique and will give a live demonstration of the new STEDYCON features, such as multi-positioning and tiling with confocal and STED super-resolution. The acquired images are direectly send to Huygens for seamless tile stitching, deconvolution, vignetting correction, and subsequent image analysis. Michel from SVI will demonstrate the Huygens part of this webinar. Visit also our new Huygens Stitcher webpage, which sumarizes all the great features of the Stitcher, including GPU accelerated registration and deconvolution, and our unique tile position optimalization in X, Y and Z.
- Batch Express: Automated and high quality batch deconvolution for all your microscopy image data (April 7, 2020). Reliable and true Image deconvolution is extremely easy with Huygens! Within a few mouse clicks you have improved your microscopy data. Huygens Batch Express allows fully automated deconvolution of all your microscopy data. By simply defining a 'Watch Folder', you can let Huygens monitor and deconvolve all images files that are saved in this folder. Images can even be saved from a remote (microscope) workstation to this folder to obtain a deconvolved image. Batch processing with deconvolution, chromatic aberration correction, and image stabilization can also be scheduled with templates using Huygens Remote Manager or the Batch Processor, present in Huygens Essential and Professional. Webinar can be viewed here.
- True Deconvolution (March 10, 2020). The real purpose of image restoration is not to produce clean images. It is about finding the existing object that has been imaged. Many image processing approaches aim at clearing images, yet neglect the process of how microscopy images are actually being formed. This is process is also referred to as a convolution. The purpose of TRUE deconvolution is to precisely reverse this convolution process. Since convolution involves object blurring by the microscope type-specific point spread function (PSF), it is crucial that this image building stone is accurately calculated/measured and included in the deconvolution procedure with the most sophisticated deconvolution algorithms currently available. These advanced Maximum Likelihood Estimation (MLE) algorithms are implemented in Huygens with extremely efficient and accurate background and noise correction. Besides deconvolution, Huygens offers a complete restortation toolbox for addressing additional imaging problems. In this webinar, we will explain what true deconvolution involves as opposed to basic image enhancement procedures. We will present example images and also show how to obtain the most reliable and accurate results with Huygens deconvolution. Webinar can be viewed here.
- HRM_HuCore (February 11, 2020). Due to its rapidly increasing user-base, 2019 saw two major releases of the Huygens Remote Manager, the independent browser interface for the Huygens Core. Multi-user, running on all browsers, allowing multiple batch assignments and using the server power in the central facility, The HRM_HuCore is the answer to the ever increasing image-sizes and need for fast high resolution images whenever and wherever you are.This webinar will give you practical guidelines how to optimally use the Huygens Remote Manager with the Huygens Core. Huygens Remote Manager HRM is ideally suited for high-throughput deconvolution and allows access to Huygens via the web-browser, providing an easy multi-user access to Huygens deconvolution. HRM has an optimized interface connection to the open source OMERO server, and also allows you to perform Colocalization Analysis in batch mode and visualize deconvolution results.
- The interactive new Huygens FUSER (28th January 2020). The brand-new interactive Huygens Fuser option can fuse multiview images from a variety of different Light Sheet micrscopes and also allows the deconvolution of the images within its fusion workflow. Alignment of multiview images is very interactive and offers direct visual feedback so that you as a user are in full control.
- Huygens 2D & 3D LOCALIZER webinar (19th November 2019). 2D and 3D Single Molecule Localization Microscopy (SMLM) images acquired with PALM, STORM, GSD, or (DNA)-PAINT can be efficiently analyzed with the Huygens Localizer. Huygens 2D & 3D Localizer is highly parallelized for CPU and GPU, and offers high-quality localization results in real-time. The easy-to-use wizard helps you with the optimization of the detection and pre/post processing settings, and includes various fitting algorithms, powerful background estimation methods, automatic drift correction, and interactive rendering and analysis. New is also the option to batch process SMLM data.
- Huygens 19.10 What's New Webinar (12th November 2019). In this webinar, we will present the new features to be released with the new Huygens 19.10 version, including the latest on the Huygens 2D and 3D Localizer and the interactive Light Sheet fusion (incl. deconvolution).
- 3D Visualization tools (15th October 2019) This webinar gives an overview of the many improvements that we have lately implemented in the three Huygens 3D rendering options, which are the SFP renderer, Surface Renderer, and MIP renderer. All renderers now support GPU acceleration, use perspective projection, and offer more visualization settings. The MIP renderer now supports depth-coded colors, and the Surface Renderer has true cut-away slicing. The SFP renderer has received a big overhaul and is more configurable in terms of both the fluorescence simulation itself as well as the environment. Furthermore, an iso-surface can be placed in the SFP scene with fully realistic shadows and interactions with the fluorescent material, and multiple cutting planes can be added to the SFP scene with arbitrary orientations, allowing you to peer inside the object and produce more information rich animations.
- Stitching in Huygens (September 17th 2019) During this webinar will discuss the Huygens Stitching & Deconvolution wizard. The Stitching & Deconvolution option is GPU accelerated, and offers a unique easy-to-use wizard for combined high-quality stitching for all types of microscopy data with the additional option to deconvolve the images, and to correct for vignetting issues. Vignetting correction can be performed manually and in a full automated fashion. The Stitching & Deconvolution Wizard is available for Huygens Essential and Huygens Professional.
- Huygens LOCALIZER webinar (July 9th, 2019). If you are interested in Single Molecule Localization Microscopy (SMLM) and have PALM, STORM or GSD data to analyse then this webinar might interest you. The new Huygens Localizer is highly parallelized for CPU and GPU, and offers high-quality localization results in real-time. The easy-to-use wizard helps you with the optimization of the detection and pre/post processing settings, and includes various fitting algorithms, powerful background estimation methods, and drift correction & interactive rendering and analysis. You can watch a recording of the webinar on this page.
- Huygens 19.04 What's New Webinar (June 11th, 2019). In this webinar, we presented the new features released with the new Huygens 19.04 version.
- Array Detector (Airyscan&SPAD) webinar - Latest Update (April 30, 2019). This webinar will give you an overview of the kinds of Array Detector systems Huygens supports, which includes all Zeiss Airyscan modes and SPAD systems. This versatile solution will be clearly explained so that you can immediately start with your own SPAD and Airyscan data after the Webinar. Also, we present here the latest Huygens results from Array Detector images provided by our users.
- Huygens STED deconvolution and optimal processing of STED data (March 19, 2019) This webinar will show how you can obtain the best possible results with super-resolution STED image data. STED images can be deconvolved with Huygens leading to high-quality results, and offering a huge increase in contrast and resolution. During this webinar, you will see that Huygens is optimally suited for deconvolving (2D and 3D) STED images from Leica, custom-build STED systems, and the new compact STEDYCON and STED expert line by Abberior Instruments.
- The new HRM with the Huygens Core webinar (29 January 2019). This webinar showcased the functions of the Huygens Remote Manager with the Huygens Core. Huygens Remote Manager HRM is ideally suited for high-throughput deconvolution and allows access to Huygens via the web-browser, providing an easy multi-user access to Huygens deconvolution. HRM has an optimized interface connection to the open source OMERO server, and also allows you to preform Colocalization Analysis in batch mode and visualize deconvolution results.
- Huygens 18.10 What's New Webinar - revisited (January 15, 2019). On many requests a rerun of this webinar. It will showcase the new features that are included in the 18.10 Huygens version. To mention three high-lights we introduce a fully new Huygens solution that has been made for all types of Array Detector microscopes (e.g. Zeiss Airyscan and SPAD scopes). Plus a super-intuitive colocalization solution including both Object Colocalization as well as full Colocalization via coefficients. A third highlight is the possibility to work with multiple extremely large GPU cards in Huygens.
- Array Detector (Airyscan&SPAD) Webinar (November 27th, 2018). This webinar will give you an overview of all kinds of Array Detector systems Huygens supports, which includes all types of Airyscan modes that Zeiss built into its microscopes plus the various SPAD modes. This versatile solution will be clearly explained so that you can immediately start with your own Airyscan data after the Webinar.
- Huygens 18.10 What's New Webinar (November 13, 2018). This webinar will showcase the new features that are included in the 18.10 Huygens version. To mention three high-lights we introduce a fully new Huygens solution that has been made for all types of Array Detector microscopes (e.g. Zeiss Airyscan and SPAD scopes). Plus a super-intuitive colocalization solution including both Object Colocalization as well as full Colocalization via coefficients. A third high-light is the possibility to work with multiple extremely large GPU cards in Huygens.
- Reliable quantification of fluorescence images: from raw data to reproducible results (9th of October 2018): In this webinar, you will learn how to overcome issues with stage drift and crosstalk between channels, how to obtain reliable images and reproducible quantification results, how to proceed with advanced image analysis after restoring images. During fluorescence image acquisition, many experimental uncertainties are introduced that affect the correct object interpretation and analysis. The blurring and the noise implicit in the image formation are two of the largest sources of experimental trouble. Additional aberrations, such as stage drift, and crosstalk and chromatic aberration between channels, can also affect the imaging. Huygens image deconvolution and restoration is a proven method to revert these issues and recover a more realistic representation of the original object. After restoration of the image, you can proceed with the advanced Huygens analysis options for colocalization, object measurements, and tracking. This webinar will illustrate how you can make optimal use of the complete Huygens workflow to obtain reliable images and reproducible quantification results, focusing on the advanced analysis options offered by the Huygens software. You can view a recording of this webinar after October 15th, if you register on this SVI- BiteSizeBio webpage.
- Light-Sheet/SPIM Deconvolution&Fusion by Huygens (18th of September, 2018) This webinar describes the latest developments in Light-sheet/SPIM deconvolution and fusion in Huygens. If you join you'll get a general overview plus an thorough update on developments since the introduction in Spring 2017. You will learn about the specific aspects of deconvolution of Light-sheet data combined with Fusion and scattering correction via the Huygens Wizard.
- Object Analysis with Huygens (3rd of July 2018): Huygens deconvolution improves resolution, contrast and signal to noise ratio in the images. Because of this, the analysis of the deconvolved images is more accurate and robust. The analysis can be performed using the Huygens Object Analyzer. The interactive object analyzer tool for 3D microscopy images in Huygens Essential and Huygens Professional allows you to obtain statistics of individual objects by clicking on them, or analyzing all objects with a single button press. The image is segmented, the objects can be filtered and grouped in Regions of Interest, and the images are then analyzed for Geometrical data, Spatial location, Relation with neighbors, Relation with reference objects, Degree of overlap (colocalization).
- Huygens Co-localization webinar (19th June 2018) Colocalization studies provide an important insight on several biological processes, and Huygens can help you in getting the most accurate colocalization results. Huygens deconvolution improves resolution, contrast and signal to noise ratio, reducing the effect of Blur And Noise in Colocalization studies. Our Restoration Options also correct the images for the other aberrations, getting them ready for an accurate analysis. For what concerns the analysis, the Colocalization Analyzer works more at the level of the whole image, and the Object Analyzer also provides colocalization measurements at the object level. In this webinar, we will discuss: image restorations before co-localization analysis and why, a brief introduction of the co-localization coefficients, how to use the Huygens co-localization Analyzer (demo).
- Huygens 18.04 What's New Webinar (30th May 2018)This webinar will showcase the new features that are included in the 18.04 Huygens version. In the new version we will introduce a new feature in Huygens: the Batch Express! You simply have to select the desired Watched folder and the images in the folder will be automatically deconvolved by the Batch Express within seconds. The Batch Express supports a wide range of microscope types (widefield, confocal, spinning disk, multiphoton, STED, and a variety of SPIM/Light Sheet systems) and file formats. Compatibility with your image files is not an issue. Additional features and tools in the 18.04 version are: Triplet mode in Twin Slicer (in Basic Mode!), Added “Cold Pixel” mode in Hot Pixel Remover, New Lattice Light Sheet Deconvolution, Object Stabilizer: added deskew mode for Lattice Light Sheet data, ability to choose a reference frame or slice, Added colocalization coefficients in an improved Coloc Analyzer: Li's ICQ, Van Steensel's CCF, Native Nikon ND2 and Olympus OIR readers for Windows, Multi GPU deconvolution via the Operations Window in Huygens Professional, New GPU operations: filters, copy, statistics, histogram operations, slicing, multiMIP, faster deconvolution, visualization, and Deconvolution Express, New right-click menu for an easier workflow
- Get the Best Out of Your Microscopy Images with Huygens Batch Express (24th April 2018) . In this webinar, you will learn about the advantages of deconvolving all your images fully automatically. Huygens high-quality deconvolution is now accessible with a fully automated image-processing pipeline within the new Batch Express option. You simply have to select the desired Watched folder and the images in the folder will be automatically deconvolved by the Batch Express within seconds. The Batch Express supports a wide range of microscope types (widefield, confocal, spinning disk, multiphoton, STED, and a variety of SPIM/Light Sheet systems) and file formats. Compatibility with your image files is not an issue. This Webinar is organized in collaboration with BiteSizeBio. Join us on the BiteSizeBio SVI-Huygens webinar about the Batch Express the 24th of April 2018 at London time 4 PM, Boston time 11 AM, San Diego time 8 AM here.
- Huygens webinar for users of Leica microscopes (11th April 2018) . This webinar is targeted for the users of Leica microscopes from all over the word. This webinar will help you to ensure high quality Huygens deconvolution of your Leica files. Join us the 11th of April to know more about: Huygens combined with the new LASX version from 2018 onwards. What remains the same, and what changes?; Huygens as stand alone package to improve your results further. What is present already that you may not know about?; Possibilities to extend Huygens deconvolution to all your types and brands of microscopes. With this webinar, we are looking forward to providing you more insights on your Huygens package.
- Stitching in Huygens (30th January 2018) This webinar will describe the Huygens Stitching & Deconvolution wizard. The Stitching & Deconvolution wizard is GPU accelerated, and offers a unique easy-to-use option for combined high-quality stitching for all types of microscopy data with the additional option to deconvolve the images, and to correct for vignetting issues. Vignetting correction can be performed manually and in a full automated fashion. The Stitching & Deconvolution Wizard is available for Huygens Essential and Huygens Professional.
Like to stay informed about future webinars? Fill out this form.