New features in Huygens SoftwareWhen not specified, changes apply to all Huygens Software products. Labels indicate particular products only: E = Huygens Essential, P = Huygens Professional, L = Huygens Localizer, S = Huygens Scripting, C = Huygens Core. For older release information see: WhatsNewArchive.
What's new in Huygens 20.04
- Use Huygens on any computer by logging in to Huygens Everywhere.
- Just install, log in with your www.svi.nl credentials.
- Monthly payment via PayPal
- Image Restoration:
- Improved GPU utilization for large images, leading to larger bricks and improved performance (up to 5x in some cases).
- Improved handling of severely undersampled images.
- Improved handling of spinning disk images with large refractive index mismatches.
- Surface Renderer and Object Analyzer:
- Greatly improved performance of watershed segmentation by adding GPU utilization and improving multi-core CPU utilization.
- Tweaked the interpretation of seed and garbage volume when using watershed to be more consistent. Seed and garbage volume checks are now applied to split objects individually.
- Huygens Stitching & Deconvolution Wizard:
- Full stitching support for Abberior STEDYCON .obf files.
- Use any selection of multiple files from disk directly in the stitcher with default layouts.
- Support for LaVision OME-TIFF tile-series with [00 x 00] filname patterns.
- Add possibility to disable alignment in the Z direction.
- Significantly faster for scenes with 100+ tiles.
- Colocalization Analyzer:
- Expand GPU support to all datatypes (byte, signed integer, unsigned integer).
- New Thumbnail options:
- Switch from 3D perspectives to slicer views. Slice through 3D thumbnails in X, Y, Z.
- Also Huygens Professional shows now a button bar for each thumbnail with options for color mode, edit parameters, Decon Express, crop, split, and delete.
- Add color-coded time rendering mode that renders spots in a color according to the frame number they were found in. This visualizes object or stage drift and can help identify other imaging issues.
- (All) Abberior STEDYCON:
- Reading of separate Tiles.
- Better handling of XYZ vs XYT images.
- (All) HDF5 reader/writer:
- Upgrade to a new release of the hdf5 library.
- (E/P) Huygens main window:
- Histogram tab is now shown first by default and supports multichannel images.
- (E/P) File series tool:
- Allow for two independent indexes coding X and Y tile coordinates for stitching.
- (P) Non existing destination images are now created automatically by all commands.
- Because of this the 'a, b, c, psf' buffers are no longer shown on startup.
- (L) Huygens Localizer:
- Greatly improved performance of the localization table reader.
- (All) LIF, OME, MSR readers:
- Fix small memory leaks.
20.04.0p4(14th September 2020)
- (All) GPU Support:
- Show a pop-up when the GPU initialization is performed for the first time (after an update of Huygens or the graphics driver) if it can take a long time.
- The RTX 3070, RTX 3080, and RTX 3090 can be used with the g1, g2, and g2 flags respectively.
- Fix diadic operation for complex multiplication.
- (All) File readers:
- Fixed ome-tiff reader issue when reading multiple planes of a series.
- Fixed hdf5 reader for complex-valued images.
- (E/P/L) Object Analyzer:
- Fix CPU/GPU regression that made it impossible to discard objects.
- Fix option "ROI>set>Envelop anchors/make coincide with anchors".
- (E/P/L) Huygens Everywhere:
- Added support for remotely logging out a session owned by the same user. This makes it easier to manage accounts with a maximum concurrency larger than 1.
- (E/P/C) GMLE Deconvolution:
- On request, stop the entire process rather than only the current brick.
20.04.0p3(29th July 2020)
- (All) GPU support
- When logging in to Huygens Everywhere allow for at least small GPUs even when not included in the account.
- Prevent an error on Huygens shutdown about a failure with a destroyed Cuda context.
- Add more elaborate CUFFT versus Cuda Driver version checks, results being displayed in the GPU Status Window.
- (All) OSX file dialogs:
- Change default preference to use the native file dialog.
- (All) Huygens Everywhere:
- Fix for accounts with long e-mail addresses.
- (E/P) Drag & drop / Stitcher:
- When using drag & drop on multiple files a new option is included to load them directly into the stitching tool or not.
- (E/P) PSF Distiller
- Fix coloured legend showing qualifiers for beads in multichannel images.
- (E/P) Communication with Leica LAS X.
- Fix image imports.
20.04.0p2(26th June 2020)
- (All) Huygens Everywhere
- Avoid long timeouts when IPv6 networking appears to be present, but is not actually working.
- Enable 'Remember me' also when the service is overridden by another type of license.
- (All) GPU support.
- Raise an error if the Cuda Toolkit is too new for the graphics driver.
- Fix support for CUDA 11.
- (All) Compute engine:
- Fix potential issue in some operations where the same image is used for input/output.
- (E/P/L) Thumbnails:
- Fix for very long names.
- (E/P/L) File dialogs:
- Default to the native Windows file dialog, also when using Huygens on night mode.
- Improve visibility of selected items when on night mode.
- (E/P) Render panel.
- Fix glitch when on freeware mode.
- (E/P) Batch processor.
- Fix support for GMLE deconvolution algorithm.
Huygens Remote Manager 3.7
This release focuses primarily on performance and stability, but it also introduces some new features.
Detailed changes of HRM 3.7.0 are:
- Substantially increase performance of files listing.
- Substantially increase performance of job creation.
- Make queue more robust against job deletion, process killing, process failure, and stalling.
- Switch to persistent connections to the database.
- Cache many database query results to reduce traffic.
- Allow image channels to be assigned the restoration algorithm individually or skipped altogether.
- This adds the possibility to use HRM as a pure batch file converter, chromatic aberration corrector, time stabilizer, etc.
- Add an “All files” filter in the image selection step. Show by default all the contents of the raw images folder.
- Add extreme GPU support.
- Bug fixes.
This version of HRM works with HuCore 14.6.1-p7 or higher. For a better, faster experience we recommend using the most recent version of Huygens. Download Huygens 20.04 here.
Have fun with HRM 3.7!
For older release information see: WhatsNewArchive.