New features in Huygens SoftwareWhen not specified, changes apply to all Huygens Software products. Labels indicate particular products only: E = Huygens Essential, P = Huygens Professional, L = Huygens Localizer, S = Huygens Scripting, C = Huygens Core. For older release information see: WhatsNewArchive.
What's new in Huygens 20.10
- New user portal for license administration. Log in with your svi.nl account. Add/remove users to/from your licenses. Set the maximum allowed concurrency on a per-user basis.
- Get your licenses and subscriptions at the SVI webshop.
- Airyscan 2: Sheppard 4-ring data now supported. If available, 32 detector raw data from Airyscan 2 is also supported.
- Brightfield: add 'ctm' algorithm to Workflow Processor, Deconvolution Wizard, Decon Express, and Batch Feeder for transmitted light images. The algorithm takes care of intensity inversion, PSF calculation, background estimation, bricking, etc. Available for CPUs and GPUs.
- Replaces the Batch Processor tool in Huygens Essential, Professional and Localizer.
- Shows previews of the result image during and after processing. These previews allow you to quickly access the results in different Huygens tools.
- Create complete image processing sequences with the new Workflow Processor. In this Processor the various stages constituting a Workflow Task are shown as an interactive block diagram. Drag and drop stages to create your Workflow.
- List of operations:
- Conversion of image dimensions, cropping (both with templates and on auto mode), correction of hot/cold pixels, stabilization of Z stacks, baseline adjustment, deconvolution (including bleaching correction and background subtraction), stabilization of time series, correction of chromatic aberrations, correction of Z drift.
- Additional features:
- The saving directory and format can be set for individual tasks
- Conversion of file formats in batch mode.
Huygens Python scripting
- Added Python scripting capabilities to Huygens Professional, Huygens Localizer, and Huygens Core
- Allows manipulation of images and SMLM localization tables with the full set of operations that are also available in Tcl.
- Scripting can be performed directly in the Huygens interface or by using .py scripts loaded from the command line.
- Additional Python modules can be imported for even more options.
- Note: currently supported on Linux and Windows.
- Renewed Image Slicer.
- Includes line plotting, movies, MIP and SUM projection modes, overlays, exports, and more.
- Improved contrast and color control.
- Improved linking of slice position, zoom, color and contrast settings with other slicers.
- Includes a 'clone' option for easy, fast replication of the slicer instance.
- (All) GPU support
- CUDA versions 7.x no longer supported.
- (E/P) Object Analyzer
- Renamed graphics pipes into segmentation groups and improved location of channel selection.
- Watershed segmentation and garbage volume entry are now easily accessible.
- (E/P) Stitcher:
- Clearer feedback on the progress of loading tiles.
- One single open button for all types of files and patterns. This replaces drag&drop option introduced in 20.04.0p3.
- Make it optional to visualize the tile guides and numbers.
- (E/P) Cropper:
- Add support for templates.
- (E/P) Deconvolution Wizard:
- Add visualization controls (brightness, contrast, colors, zoom, ..)
- (E/P) Batch Express:
- Renamed as Batch Feeder.
- (All) CZI reader:
- Fix potential shift in excitation wavelengths.
- (All) TIFF reader/writer:
- Fix performance regression on Windows.
- (E/P) Cropping tool:
- Fixed an issue with the preview.
- Fixed an issue with the placement of the MIP sliders after resizing the window.
- (E/P) Fuser:
- Made finding the axial shift along the main axis of rotation more robust.
- (E/P) Object analyzer and hybrid renderer:
- Changed the definition of the seed level when watershed segmentation is used. The seed level now refers to the intensity level that must be reached in the original image, rather than the Gauss-filtered image. This makes the results before and after watershed segmentation more comparable and fixes issues with small objects disappearing when using watershed segmentation.
- (E/P) Stitcher:
- Fix excessive memory allocation when working with images of unsigned integer type.
20.10.0p2(25th November 2020)
- (All) GPU support:
- Remove inaccurate message "Processing on CPU" from CMLE while Huygens was using the GPU.
- Update the tooltip text on the GPU status icon in Huygens Professional when the GPU has been successfully initialized.
- Warn about a graphics driver that is too old for the Cuda Toolkit version when the Cuda Toolkit version is 9 or lower.
- (All) CZI Reader:
- Fix potential memory overflows that could lead to a crash.
- (E/P) Image Segmentation:
- Fix interpretation of the seed value in watershed segmentation.
- (E/P) Chromatic Aberration Corrector:
- Fix glitch in template selection panel.
- (E/P) Deconvolution Wizard & Brightfield Deconvolution:
- Fix for when brightfield channels are skipped.
- (E/P) Image Renderers (MIP, SFP, Surface):
- Faster for large images. Added an option to the Huygens Preferences to dynamically adapt the image size.
- (E/P) Image Thumbnails:
- Fix slider style.
- Now render faster for large images.
- (E/P) SFP Renderer:
- Fix incorrect negative values for tilt and twist.
- (E/P) Workflow Processor:
- Add an option to select all images in a folder.
- Switch to other presets and back without losing the edited parameters.
- A clearer channel selection in the Deconvolution Template editor.
- Fix potential empty thumbnails on Windows.
- (P) Main Menu:
- Fix 'Workflow Processor' entry which only got enabled on selecting an image.
Huygens Remote Manager 3.7
This release focuses primarily on performance and stability, but it also introduces some new features.
Detailed changes of HRM 3.7.0 are:
- Substantially increase performance of files listing.
- Substantially increase performance of job creation.
- Make queue more robust against job deletion, process killing, process failure, and stalling.
- Switch to persistent connections to the database.
- Cache many database query results to reduce traffic.
- Allow image channels to be assigned the restoration algorithm individually or skipped altogether.
- This adds the possibility to use HRM as a pure batch file converter, chromatic aberration corrector, time stabilizer, etc.
- Add an “All files” filter in the image selection step. Show by default all the contents of the raw images folder.
- Add extreme GPU support.
- Bug fixes.
This version of HRM works with HuCore 14.6.1-p7 or higher. For a better, faster experience we recommend using the most recent version of Huygens. Download Huygens 20.04 here.
Have fun with HRM 3.7!
For older release information see: WhatsNewArchive.