Since Huygens version 21.10, you can specify a channel label within the Microscopic parameter window, and - if present- this label can also be read from the image metadata.
The channel label can contain for example the name of the used fluorophore or the fluorescent construct.
Huygens channel label:
- can be specified for each channel for up to 32 channels
- can be entered and modified at any time within the Microscopic parameter window
- is displayed for each channel in the channel selector widget
- can be read from Nikon ND2 with the Full File Reader option
- can be read from Imaris 5.5 HDF5 files
- is read from, and can be written to ICS and Huygens HDF5 files
See also Microscopy Parameters and WaveLength.