The Huygens license stringThe license keys used by all Huygens Software are text strings, one per licensed package. A license may look as follows:
Installing the license string
- Copy the license string you received from SVI by email using your operating system's generic paste key combination or select the key and use right click, copy.
- Start a Huygens program and go to Help > License overview > Add new license...
- Paste the license string into the text field using your operating system's generic paste key combination, or by using the paste button in the pop up window.
- Complete the procedure selecting "Add License". You should get the following message: Added license succesfully
- Restart the Huygens program for activation.
|*Installing a license string is the same for all platforms, although on Linux only the superuser can do it.|
|*The key combinations for copy / paste generally are: Mac OS X: apple-c / apple-v; Windows: control-c / control-v; Linux: on most common desktops copying is done simply by marking the text area with the mouse, and pasting by either middle mouse click or control-v.|
|*Huygens Core doesn't have a graphical interface unless you run it with the -gui option. For the purposes of installing a license string, any other Huygens program will do (Essential or Professional for example).|
|*In some Windows systems it may be required that, for the purposes of the license installation only, the program is executed with administrator privileges. For that, right click on the program icon or menu entry and choose "Run as administrator". This happens only if the file "huygensLicense" in the program directory has restricted writing permissions, which is something the program installer tries to prevent as far as possible. Therefore this may not be necessary at all, and any user might be able to add license strings.|
|*Please try to avoid typing the license string by hand: any small typing error will invalidate the license. With an invalid license, the software will remain in FreeWare mode.|
License detailsYou can have detailed information about your license strings by going to Help > License overview in the Huygens Software, select the license string you want to inspect, and click on "Explain ....". A new window will pop up containing information about your license, including all the enabled options.
License details explained (click to open larger view).