Volume visualization in 3D microscopyVolume visualization is the process of converting a 3D image into a 2D projection. The goal is to visualize the data in a clear and interactive way to provide a good understanding of the data.
SVI has a long experience in visualization next to its strong focus on Deconvolution. Our algorithms are optimized for multi-threaded CPUs and starting from version 19.04 also support GPU acceleration for even faster rendering. In the Huygens Software, the following interactive tools are available:
- Fast Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) rendering and animations: The MIP renderer
- Detailed, physically realistic volume rendering with the Simulated Fluorescence Process (SFP) algorithm: SFP Renderer
- Based on unique and fast Ray Tracing technology, the Surface Renderer combines iso-surface rendering and MIP rendering.
- The Huygens Moviemaker allows you to easily create sophisticated animations of your multi-channel 3D images using these powerful 3D renderers.
- Twin Slicer to navigate and compare XY, XZ, YZ slices of 4D images.
The visualization algorithms behind these interactive tools can be also used in Huygens Professional and Huygens Scripting. You can download the latest Huygens Suite now from our website and ask for a free of charge test license to see the latest visualization tools.