Jobs & Internships
Scientific Volume Imaging is a world leader in microscopy image processing for almost two decades. Because of a growing market for our Huygens software, we are looking for new enthusiastic colleagues that like to work together with us.
Being active in a demanding market requires close contacts with forerunners in the field. Due to our expertise we have active collaborations with academic institutes worldwide.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies for these ads is not appreciated.
Exciting position for a "Scientific Developer''We are looking for a scientific developer for our headquarters in Hilversum to join our team that works on the Huygens scientific imaging software.
As a scientific developer you will be involved in the complete life cycle of the Huygens software: from developing new image processing algorithms for microscopy to the integration of those algorithms in our software suite. In the last few years such algorithms included the development of methods for the restoration of STED microscopy images, stitching, stabilization, correction of image distortions, analysis, etc.
The ideal candidate has experience in image processing (in any programming language, e.g. C or Matlab), has a strong mathematical background and is able to turn new image processing algorithms into production code.
- Education: University
- Experience in image processing and scientific software.
- Interest in microscopy and optics.
- Programming experience in C. Knowledge of OpenMP, CUDA and Tcl/Tk is a plus.
- Development experience in Linux.
- Fluent English and Dutch is a must.
- A challenging job in software development and science
- Excellent pay and pleasant working environment
- Training on the job by our scientific software developers and imaging specialists
- Fantastic worldwide academic network of high-end microscopy labs and programmers.
Exciting position for a Technical Sales/Account Manager
If you have experience in image processing and/or microscopy, are interested in a commercial position, and if you like to work for customers that work in the top life science institutes worldwide, you might be the person we're looking for.
You are a team-player and will become an imaging specialist responsible for direct sales and support issues of our customers located worldwide. The job is mostly office-based (SVI headquarters) and includes occasional traveling to conferences and meetings.
- Education: HBO/University/PhD
- Interest in technical sales/support
- Affinity with microscopy, life sciences, and software is preferred
- Spoken and written English should be very good
- Team player with good social skills
- An exciting sales (primarily) / support job in the field of life sciences
- Excellent salary and pleasant working environment
- Training on the job by our imaging specialists and sales/support team
Send your application to jobs at svi.nl indicating on the subject which position you are applying for and we'll be glad to tell you more.
Current internships:SVI is world leader in microscopic deconvolution and analysis. You can join us for an internship ranging from 3 months to a year.
Located at 5 minutes walking distance from a train station you will find an internationally oriented scientific company with lots of challenging projects for you.
Our current assignments are intended for Master students (e.g. Scientific Programming with Mathematical or Physics background) and for Bachelor students with a Minor in computational sciences.
If you have a related topic not specifically mentioned below, please send us an email with a short description to see whether it can fit in. The topics mentioned below can be started immediately.
- Mathematical morphology
- 3D convex hull (language: C, level: Masters/Bachelors)
- Fast skeletonization function (language: C, level: Bachelors)
- 'Casual' web-based colocalization analysis (language: Tcl/PHP, level: Informatics, Bachelors)
- Simulated Fluorescence volume rendering on a GPU (language: C, level: Masters)
- Localisation microscopy restoration with Scaled gradient Projection deconvolution (language: C/Tcl, level: Masters)
- Fluorescense Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Cell shape impact on Monte Carlo simulations' (language: C, level: Bachelors)
- Particle- particle interactions (language: C, level: Bachelors)
We're currently developing internships for biology Master students with a focus on Science and Business Management.
For more information contact us at +31 35 642 16 26.
You can also email Hans van der Voort (R&D Director): hans at svi.nl
or Daniel Sevilla (project-leader Engineering): daniel at svi.nl
For Science and Business Management contact Gitta Hamel (Managing Director): gitta at svi.nl