Welcome to the Huygens User starting page!
This page will help you get started with the SVI Huygens software and obtain the best Huygens deconvolution results.
Huygens installation and license request
- Detailed installation instructions of Huygens on different Operating Systems can be found here.
- Information about your Huygens license can be found here.
- Watch our Youtube tutorial video on how to install an Huygens license here.
- Huygens includes deconvolution, visualization, analysis and restoration options. You are welcome to explore them by requesting a full-option free trial license!
- You can always install the latest version of Huygens from this link together with the latest version of the acquisition software (Zeiss Zen, Leica LASX, MBF), because the compatibility of the up-to-date releases is always tested. The latest version of Huygens will work together with the latest version of your acquisition software. When in doubt whether your Huygens license is still up-to-date email us at support at svi.nl mentioning release numbers of both Huygens and the acquisition package and your current Huygens license.
- You can install Huygens very easily, it takes only 3 minutes! Download the latest version via this link. You can find a Youtube tutorial video on how to install an Huygens license here. If you need further help, do not hesitate to contact your Huygens expert at sales at svi.nl.
- Huygens software ordered via a reseller will be delivered directly by SVI with full support according to the SVI general terms and conditions.
- A Huygens license purchased together with the acquisition software only includes part of all options available in Huygens. Huygens includes deconvolution, visualization, analysis and restoration options for all types and brands of light microscopes and you are welcome to test them by requesting a full-option free trial license!
Suggestions for Image Acquisition
- Optimize your acquisition in order to obtain the best deconvolution results by avoiding acquisition pitfalls. For example, it is important to avoid undersampling and clipping. The optimal sampling distance can be calculated using the Nyquist calculator.
Starting with Huygens deconvolution
- Get started with Huygens using Huygens tutorial movies and Huygens manuals. You can find some useful tips in our FAQ list.
- More information on the deconvolution algorithms in Huygens.
- Use the Deconvolution Express for automated deconvolution with parameters estimated by Huygens, for a quick and easy result.
- Use the Batch Processor for scheduling deconvolution of large amounts of data.
- Enjoy the fast Huygens GPU acceleration! You can do so by following the instructions summarized in our Huygens GPU checklist.
- More information on what deconvolution settings to use when performing signal quantification.
End of Maintenance of an official Huygens license
- Each official Huygens license has an End of Maintenance (EOM) date. We are continuously improving and adding new features to the Huygens software, therefore we offer an extensive and affordable Maintenance and Upgrade (M&U) package. Contact your account manager or send an email to sales at svi.nl if you are interested in extending your M&U.
- We are happy to help you if you have questions about the Huygens software! You can request support online or you can send an email to sales at svi.nl.
- Webinars are frequently organized by Scientific Volume Imaging. You can find more information about the webinar schedule via this link.
- Twice a year we organize an in-house Huygens training in our SVI headquarters. Ask sales at svi.nl for more information!
- Contact your account manager or send an email to sales at svi.nl if you are interested in a personalized remote demo and training.