Welcome to the Huygens User starting page!
This page will help you get started with the SVI Huygens software and obtain the best Huygens deconvolution results.
Huygens installation and license request
- SVI advises all customers to download and install the latest Huygens version that matches their maintenance contract.
- More detailed instructions for installing Huygens on different Operating Systems can be found here.
- Information about your Huygens license can be found here.
- Watch our Youtube tutorial video on how to install an Huygens license here.
- Huygens includes deconvolution, visualization, analysis and restoration options. You are welcome to explore them by requesting a full-option free trial license!
- You can always install the latest version of Huygens from this link together with the latest version of the acquisition software (Zeiss Zen, Leica LASX, MBF), because the compatibility of the up-to-date releases is always tested. The latest version of Huygens will work together with the latest version of your acquisition software. When in doubt whether your Huygens license is still up-to-date contact us mentioning release numbers of both Huygens and the acquisition package and your current Huygens license.
- You can install Huygens very easily, it takes only 3 minutes! Download the latest version via this link. You can find a Youtube tutorial video on how to install an Huygens license here. If you need further help, do not hesitate to contact your Huygens expert at email@example.com.
- Huygens software ordered via a reseller will be delivered directly by SVI with full support according to the SVI general terms and conditions.
- A Huygens license purchased together with the acquisition software only includes part of all options available in Huygens. Huygens includes deconvolution, visualization, analysis and restoration options for all types and brands of light microscopes and you are welcome to test them by requesting a full-option free trial license!
Suggestions for Image Acquisition
- Optimal image acquisition is key to obtaining the best possible image and deconvolution result. You may find this overview of acquisition pitfalls and imaging recommendation helpfull to get the best out of your sample. For example, it is important to avoid undersampling and clipping. The optimal sampling distance can be calculated using our free online Nyquist calculator.
Starting with Huygens deconvolution
- Get started with Huygens using Huygens tutorial movies and Huygens manuals. You can find some useful tips in our FAQ list.
- More information on the deconvolution algorithms in Huygens.
- Use the Deconvolution Express or Batch Express for fully automated deconvolution with the optimal parameters specifically estimated for each image.
- Use the Batch Processor for scheduling deconvolution of large amounts of data with parameter templates. By using similar templates, you are ensured images are processed under the exact same conditions!
- Enjoy the fast Huygens GPU acceleration! You can do so by following the instructions summarized in our Huygens GPU checklist.
- More information on what deconvolution settings to use when performing signal quantification.
End of Maintenance of an official Huygens license
- Each official Huygens license has an End of Maintenance (EOM) date. We are continuously improving and adding new features to the Huygens software, therefore we offer an extensive and affordable Maintenance and Upgrade (M&U) package. Contact your account manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in extending your M&U.
- We are happy to help if you have questions about the Huygens software! Request support online or just send an email to email@example.com.
- Webinars are frequently organized by Scientific Volume Imaging. For more information, see the Webinar schedule.
- Twice a year we organize an in-house Huygens training at our SVI headquarters.
- Contact your account manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a personalized remote demo, training, or course.