HOW TO use the Huygens Remote Manager
You can try the to deconvolve microscopy images with HRM at the SVI website at http://hrm.svi.nl or maybe your facility manager has a HRM with Huygens Core license available already. Ask him/her for the link so that you can deconvolve your data at any time and any place. You can use your own computer or cell-phone for that purpose, as long as it is connected to the internet.
- Login in at the HRM website at SVI (example) or, if available, at your facility for real.
- The HRM makes templates before selecting the data: Microscopy templates to summarise the way your data were acquired in the microscope (crucial to get a good Point Spread Function which is a summary of the blur and noise) and Deconvolution templates to restore your data to its original form.
- So choose: Start a job and enter Step 1/4: use either one of the (microscopy) templates made by your facility administrator that fits with the way you imaged your data by pressing the small downwards arrow or make that into your own template by editing and renaming it (clicking on the screwdriver). If you are satisfied click on the big double arrow to continue.
- Now you enter Step 2/4: the Restoration Parameters that result in a deconvolution template. Adapt the parameter sets prepared by your administrator to make your own. Use the New Signal To Noise Estimator and use the suggested SNR values (per channel) on the right side. Leave everything else as it is if you want to use the default values or browse the Help for more information.
- Enter Step 3/4: select the image that will use the two templates (microscopic and deconvolution parameters) that you made in Steps 1/4 and 2/4. So make sure image and templates match. You can also upload images from outside the facility by clicking the Home button and select File Manager.
- Enter Step 4/4: create Job: a summary appears how your dataset will be deconvolved with the aid of the two templates you selected or made yourself. Here you can also change your fileformat.
- Press the connector icon and you'll be back in the first window where you choose now File Manager to see your deconvolved data. Click on 'detailed view' and select one of the viewing modes (movie, Volume rendering. MIP etc) and save them.