Huygens Essential: deconvolution a few mouse clicks away
Huygens Essential is part of the Huygens Software, tailored for deconvolution and processing of microscopy images. Its wizard-driven user interface guides you through the process of deconvolving microscopy images. Huygens Essential is able to deconvolve a wide variety of images ranging from 2D widefield (WF) images to 4D Multi Channel multi-photon confocal images. Comparison views of raw and deconvolved results is easily performed with the dual 4D slicer tool, and powerful and fast renderers produce high quality representations of your data, not needing any special graphics card.
Huygens Essential's wizard-driven user interface (click to open larger view).
Based on the same image processing engine as Huygens Professional, Huygens Essential combines the quality and speed of the algorithms available in Huygens Professional with the ease of use of a wizard-driven intelligent user interface. Also, Huygens Essential is based on cross-platform technology which makes it available on a large range of platforms.
- Five stage guided DeConvolution procedure.
- Extensive Image parameter checking.
- Creates Image Histograms to spot problems due to saturation early on.
- Automatic estimation of the BackGround.
- Automatic Bleaching Effects correction.
- Automatic deconvolution of Time Series.
- Automatic correction for Spherical Aberration.
- Automatic Z-drift correction.
- Guides you along Multi Channel deconvolution.
- Thumbnail representation of images in progress.
- Standard up to 32 channels.
- You can measure, store and deconvolve using your own Point Spread Function (PSF).
- Handles many File Formats.
- Comes with one full year of maintenance.
- Remote displaying with X11, VNC or RDP.
- Automatic and manual cropping of datasets in five dimensions (3D + time + channels).
- Twin Slicer: easy comparison of original and deconvolved data
- Ortho Slicer: visualize a point in an image within three different views at the same time. Very useful to examine small objects within an image with many z-slices.
- Fast Mip Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) renderer.
- Volume Renderer (Sfp Renderer) produces physically realistic 3D representations of your data.
- Fast optional Surface Renderer, to easily explore the different objects present in your data.
- Interactive analysis tools (optional): Object Analyzer, Colocalization Analyzer.
- 64bit version available for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux.
Processing stages in the Deconvolution WizardHuygens Essential's deconvolution is split into processing stages. In the first pre-processing stage, the intelligent parameter checker scrutinizes the Microscopy Parameters. It highlights suspicious optical conditions and warns you for UnderSampling conditions. You can save the confirmed parameters in a Parameter Template for future re-use for other images.
Huygens Essential deconvolution wizard (click to open larger view).
In the next stages of the deconvolution wizard you can use the automatic cropping tool, inspect the Image Histogram to spot clipping or saturation and inspect the image BackGround.
The wizard asks to open the cropping tool or crop the image automatically (click to open larger view).
The image histogram is important to detect clipping and inspecting the image (click to open larger view).
The Surface Renderer (optional; click to open larger view).