Welcome to the SVI Microscopy Wiki
3D microscopy, deconvolution, visualization and analysis
The SVI-Wiki is a public knowledge resource on 3D microscopy, image restoration (deconvolution), visualization and analysis. In addition it serves as a support medium for users of SVI's Huygens Software. Feel free to contribute and to contact SVI.
- Optical concepts
- Other concepts
- Microscopical image processing
- Deconvolution Factors
- Non Optical Images
- Colocalization improvement: Colocalization Theory
About Volume VisualizationVolume visualization is the process of converting a 3D image into a 2D projection. The goal is to visualize the data in a clear and interactive way to provide a good understanding of the data. Our algorithms are optimized for multi-threaded CPUs and starting from version 19.04 also support GPU acceleration for even faster rendering. In the Huygens Software, the following interactive tools are available:
- Fast Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) rendering and animations: The MIP renderer
- Detailed, physically realistic volume rendering with the Simulated Fluorescence Process (SFP) algorithm: SFP Renderer
- Based on unique and fast Ray Tracing technology, the Surface Renderer combines iso-data continuous surface rendering and MIP rendering.
- The Huygens Moviemaker allows you to easily create sophisticated animations of your multi-channel 3D images using these powerful 3D renderers.
- Twin Slicer to navigate and compare XY, XZ, YZ slices of 4D images.
About Interactive AnalysisThe Huygens software contains new tools for interactive analysis of 3D and 4D microscopic images:
- Colocalization Analyzer: compute established colocalization coefficients; visualize and analyze iso-colocalization objects
- Object Analyzer: compute statistics of individual objects inside a 3D image.
- Object Tracker: wizard-based module for optimized object detection, fast track filtering and track analysis.
See also the Visualization Definitions list.
About the Huygens Software
- What is the Huygens Software
- References to Huygens Software
- What's new in the current versions
- Test The Software, License String
- Download the Huygens software
Tutorials and Manuals
- SVI Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Send Images to SVI if you have any problem with them
- Check the definitions page to get familiar with microscopic and Huygens terminology.